Monday, May 26, 2014

Professional Learning Network



Prior to this class, I did not even know what a Professional Learning Network was.  Now, however, I see that everyone has one, without really knowing it, but having a deeper understanding of it can help it become more helpful and beneficial.  Once you know the strengths of your PLN, you can discover how best to use it, and once you know the weaknesses of your PLN, you can add to it and change things so that you can be supported in more ways.  Now that I know about PLNs, something that I definitely want to have in mine is Edmodo.  I would want to use this resource by asking questions to the teaching community there because you can receive a fairly fast response from another teacher, and get advice about issues you have.  Another resource I will definitely have in my PLN is Pinterest.  I think that Pinterest is a great way to share resources within a school, and also to find ideas related to almost any topic shared by teachers worldwide.  It is user-friendly and very easy to navigate.  Lastly, I really want to add Skype to my PLN so that I can connect my students to experts on topics that I am not an expert on.  I think that using Skype to help teach students is a great idea especially when you yourself are not an expert on a topic you are trying to teach.  Connecting students to someone who is will greatly deepen their learning and add a lot of excitement and engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment